Thank you so much for your interest in performing for Garden District’s Porch Fest. We will respond via email to let you know that you have been registered. We are in the process of solidifying the musical line-up (as well as the porches) and will not contact you again until mid-March to inform you as to which porch in the neighborhood you will be performing on and who your host will be.
Garden District’s Porch Fest will be held Sunday, April 2, from 3 – 6 pm. The section of Garden District where Porch Fest will be located is between Columbus and Alvernon and Grant and Pima. CLICK HERE FOR A FLYER WITH MORE INFORMATION THAT CAN ALSO BE SHARED WITH OTHER MUSICIANS.
You can either sign up for Porch Fest 2017 by completing the form below or email Lmaher52@aol.com by Saturday, March 14.
In your email, please include:
1. Contact person's name, phone number, and email address
2, Musical Group’s name
3. A brief description of your group and style of music (including number of band members and whether or not you will be using amps). Also let us know the minimum and maximum amount of time your group would like to play.
4. How would you like the public to reach you! Website, phone number? We’ll include this info in our neighborhood newsletter and on our neighborhood website.
5. Tell us about your sound and size of group so that we can match your group with a porch.
Here’s how it will work:
1. We will assign you a neighborhood porch to use as a stage at an assigned time. Please be respectful of the porch host and their home.
2. You will be connected in advance with your porch host and it will be up to you to arrange with them for set up and to communicate any particular needs you may have. So there is a smooth and quick transition between acts, we ask that ALL musicians set up before 3 pm -- regardless of whether you are first or last to perform.
3. You will provide all your own equipment: instruments, amps, mics, water/snacks for yourself, CDs/merchandise to sell, and a tip jar!
4. We’ll put information about your musical group in the program so folks can learn more about who you are. We will also be advertising Porch Fest in the Daily Star, Tucson Weekly, Ward VI Newsletter, and various online event calendars
5. This is a Family-friendly, alcohol-free event.
6. During Porch Fest, you’ll be playing for one, two or three hours. Noise Level should be considerate of musicians on nearby porches.
We are so glad you are joining us. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you so much for “playing along”!