THE LINE UP FOR THE OCTOBER 7, 2018 PORCH FEST HAS BEEN FILLED. HOWEVER, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ON A WAITING LIST IN CASE SOMEONE CANCELS, PLEASE CONTACT LISA AT LMAHER52@AOL.COM. IF YOU GO ON THE WAIT LIST, WE WILL ALSO PUT YOU ON THE LIST FOR NEXT YEAR OF MUSICIANS TO BE CONTACTED BEFORE WE OPEN IT UP TO THE PUBLIC. PLEASE SEND LISA, YOUR CONTACT NAME, PHONE, EMAIL, NAME OF BAND, TYPE OF MUSIC, AND LINK TO YOUR WEBPAGE OR SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
Thank you so much for your interest in performing for Garden District’s Porch Fest. We will respond via email to let you know that you have been registered. We are in the process of solidifying the musical line-up (as well as the porches) and will not contact you again until the end of September to inform you as to which porch in the neighborhood you will be performing on and who your host will be.
Garden District’s Porch Fest will be held Sunday, October 7, from 3:30 – 6 pm. The section of Garden District where Porch Fest will be located is between Columbus and Alvernon and Grant and Pima.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
AS A MUSICIAN FOR PORCH FEST 2018
Our event will be October 7 from 3:30 to 6 pm, and we are hoping groups will take on 75 minute or two and a half hour sets. To make the transition go more quickly, we encourage setting up before 3:30, even if you aren't the first band.
Dates and times have been set based on an average temperature of 90 degrees on that date around 3 pm, and sunset at 6 pm. We will do our best to provide shade, but if you have a pop-up canopy you can provide for your group, that would be great. Please let us know.
You are donating your time and playing for tips (and attendees have been apprised of this and are supposed to bring along lots of $$$$$$) so the more you play the more you will make. You are welcome to sell CDs and/or have your own promotional material to solicit future gigs. All venues will have access to electricity so bring your own cords (there are never enough!), but let us know if you have any specific needs otherwise.
At any time, please reach out to me with questions not answered below, Lisa Maher 256-0991, LMaher52@aol.com
When you sign up we will need:
1. Contact person's name, phone number, and email address
2. Musical Group's name
3. A brief description of your group and style of music (including probable number of band members and whether or not you will be using amps).
4. How you would like the public to reach you or hear you ahead of time! Website, phone number? We'll include this info in our neighborhood newsletter and on our neighborhood website.
5. Tell us about your sound and size of group so that we can match your group with a porch. There will be bands playing within a few houses of you, in some cases, so we want to be sure we are considerate of everyone.
Here's how it will work:
1. We will assign you a neighborhood porch or yard to use as a stage at your assigned time. Please be respectful of the porch host and their home.
2. You will be connected in advance with your porch host and it will be up to you to arrange with them for set up and to communicate any particular needs you may have.
3. You will provide all your own equipment: instruments, amps, mics, extension cords, chairs for your band, pop-up canopy if desired, water/snacks for yourself, CDs/merchandise to sell, and promotional material. DON'T FORGET A TIP JAR!
4. We'll put information about your musical group in the program so folks can learn more about who you are. We will also be advertising Porch Fest in the Daily Star, Tucson Weekly, Ward VI Newsletter, Craigslist, and various online event calendars.
5. This is a Family-friendly, smoke-free, alcohol-free event.
6. During Porch Fest, you'll be playing for one and a quarter hours. Noise Level should be considerate of musicians on nearby porches.
7. Should you sadly find that you need to cancel, we would appreciate you finding a replacement group. We might end up with a waitlist, so we can work with helping you on that.
We are so glad you are joining us. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you so much for "playing along"!
CLICK HERE FOR A FLYER WITH INFORMATION T0 SHARE WITH OTHER MUSICIANS.